Your boiler and heating questions answered
Gas boilers can display a variety of error messages, and the meaning of the message can vary depending on the make and model of the boiler. However, here are some of the most common error messages you might encounter on a gas boiler and what they usually indicate:
- “Low water pressure” – This error message indicates that the water pressure in the boiler system is too low. This can be caused by a leak in the system or a faulty pressure gauge.
- “Ignition failure” – If the boiler fails to ignite, this error message will be displayed. This can be caused by a faulty ignition system, a blocked flue, or a lack of gas supply.
- “Flame failure” – If the boiler detects that the flame has gone out, it will display this error message. This can be caused by a faulty thermocouple, a blocked flue, or a lack of gas supply.
- “Overheating” – If the boiler detects that the water temperature is too high, it will display this error message. This can be caused by a faulty thermostat or a problem with the circulation of water in the system.
- “Pump failure” – If the boiler is unable to circulate water around the system, it will display this error message. This can be caused by a faulty pump, a blockage in the system, or a problem with the water pressure.
It’s important to note that if you encounter any of these error messages, you should consult the boiler manufacturer’s user manual or contact a qualified heating engineer to diagnose and fix the problem. Trying to fix the problem yourself could be dangerous and may invalidate your boiler’s warranty.
Yes, When properly installed, an air source heat pump can produce up to 5 times more heat energy to the home than the electrical energy it consumes. Speak to NK Heating!
Whatever your heating emergency, call our experienced Heating Engineers in Perth. We can give you advice over the phone or come out to you 24/7… no need to worry!Call now
Chances are, if your boiler is over 10 years old then it will be far less efficient. NK Heating Solutions can provide you with a free quote to ensure that your boiler is energy efficient. You might want to also check www.boilers.org.uk for more advice.